- Releases 3
Resize (not scale) multiple layers at once via shortcut
Sketch Resize is a plugin made for Sketch. It helps designers to Resize multiple layers at once via shortcut, without reaching the inspector panel. Unproportional, unconstrained resize at your fingertips. Read the why this plugin section to better understand how it differs from some of the native features already provided in Sketch.
Follow me on Twitter @lucaorio_ for updates, help and other stuff! 🎉
Looking for other plugins? Give these a try! 😎
Why this plugin?
Imagine we want to resize a bunch of elements with different widths/heights to some new dimensions.
- Keyboard only approach problem: after moving the focus to the inspector panel via shortcut (
alt+tab), we then need to tab twice, enter the width, tab twice, enter the height, blur the panel (or press enter)
- Mouse+Keyboard approach problem: sometimes the inspector panel is painfully far away and the back and forth with the mouse takes a lot of time
In both cases, width and height must be specified one after the other. Other potential solutions won't quite fit our needs as well:
- The Scale Layers feature (
cmd+k) affects width, height, and some other properties at once, proportionally
- A drag/nudge based resize would edit every object by scaling it proportionally to its initial size
If you've experienced even just one of the limitations listed above, Sketch Resize can save you some precious time. You can think of it as a shortcut (
ctrl+cmd+k) to the inspector panel.
- Download the latest release of the plugin
- Uncompress the downloaded file
Sketch Resize.sketchpluginto install it
Via Sketch Runner
- Trigger Sketch Runner (
- Move to the Install tab
- Search for Resize and install it
- Select layer(s)
- Run the plugin by clicking
Plugins->Resize->Resize Elements, or by using the
- Specify the new dimension(s), and press
Some additional notes
- The plugin can be used on single layers too, as a more precise tool when the manual resize snaps to the wrong bounds
- Width or height can be both declared at once. Leaving a field empty will skip the related dimension
tabto switch the focus between the width/height input fields
escto close the panel and leave the dimensions unchanged
- Width/height input fields accepts basic math operations (ie.
Sketch Resize is fully integrated with Sketch Runner, the ultimate tool to speed up your Sketch workflow. You can trigger the plugin by simply typing its first letters, in pure Spotlight style!
Join the discussion
No Sketchpacks Relay integration found
- 179 downloads all–time
- 0 downloads this week
- 5 downloads this month
About this plugin
lucaorio published this plugin a year ago.
v1.0.2 is the latest of 3 releases
Native updates are supported within Sketch.app.