- Releases 0
Relabel Button plugin for Sketch
The Relabel Button plug-in for Sketch.app prompts for a button's new label then applies the text, resizes the button background and repositions any other interior elements while maintaining the existing padding.
- Select any group or symbol that contains a text layer and one or more other layers (dividers, icons, drop-arrows, etc)
- Press Cmd+J and enter the new text for the button (or Cmd+Ctrl+J for right aligned resize)
That's it! The text and other objects will be updated maintaining the button's original padding and relative layout.
- nested groups not supported
- for symbols, elements SHOULD NOT be placed within a group
- for symbols, child elements should have Resizing set to Pin To Corner so they do not get shrunk/stretched
- see the Relabel Button Guidelines Sketch file for example buttons
Changing the Default Keyboard Shortcut
Choose "Reveal Plugins Folder..." from Sketch's Plugins menu.
Open the file "Relabel Button.sketchplugin" in a text editor.
Edit the shortcut specification at the end of the first line:
// Relabel Button Plugin (cmd j)
Also thanks to @fuggfuggfugg, who graciously shared useful code for manipulating symbols.
Join the discussion
No Sketchpacks Relay integration found
- 1516 downloads all–time
- 8 downloads this week
- 57 downloads this month
About this plugin
kenmoore published this plugin 4y ago.
v1.7.0 is the latest version.
Native updates are supported within Sketch.app.