- Releases 0
Sketch Layer Tools
latest Sketch version tested: 42
A box for random useful sketch commands meant to make work with layers easier. Contains most of my previous commands and plugins combined, plus a bunch of new ones
Select layers based on various conditions
- All Shapes Selects all shape layers on the current page
- All Text Layers Selects all the text layers on the current page
- All Artboards Selects all the artboards on the current page
- All Layer Groups Selects all the layer groups on the current page
- All Bitmap Layers Selects all the bitmap layers on the current page
- Same Fill Color Selects all the layers that have the same fill color as the layer that's currently selected (only takes into account the bottommost fill)
- Same Border Color Selects all the layers that have the same border color as the selected layer (only takes into account the bottommost border)
- Same Fill and Border Color Selects all the layers that have the same fill and border color as the selected layer (only takes into account the bottommost fill and border)
- Layers Starting With… Selects all of the layers starting with a given text. Good for selecting all 'Rectangle' layers for example
- Layers Ending With… Same as above but looks for layers whose name ends with a given text
- Layers with Text in Name… Selects all of the layers whose name contains a given text
- Select Parent Artboards (cmd+shift+A) Selects artboards that contain currently selected layers or groups. You can just draw a selection rectangle and hit the shortcut instead of selecting artboards one by one. Useful for moving many artboards around at once
Useful for turning a bunch of layers on and off at once
- Toggle Layers (cmd+L) Previously known as Toggle Specs. Toggles visibility of all of the layer groups and layers in your document that contain the word "specs". Other than specs this could be useful with hidden guides.
- Toggle Layers Settings…* Lets you change the default name that Toggle Layers is looking for, as well as whether it should use visibility or opacity as the way to hide them.
Sort in List
Sorts layers in the layer list within their parent group, not affecting other, unselected layers in the group
- Selected Alphabetically Sorts selected layers in the layer list alphabetically
- Selected by Vertical Position Sorts selected layers in the layer list based on their Y position
- Selected by Horizontal Position Sorts selected layers in the layer list based on their X position
- Reverse Selected Reverses the sorting of selected layers within their group
Good for manipulating a lot of layer names at once
- Find and Replace in Selected - Goes through all selected layers and replaces some text with another based on your input. Great for batch renaming a bunch of layers
- Find and Replace in All - Goes through all the layers in the current page, finds and replaces a particular text
- Append to Selected Layer Names… - Adds a text you put in to the names of all selected layers
- Prepend Selected Layer Names… - Same as above, but adds it in front of the layer names
- Remove 'copy' from All Layer Names - Removes the copy, copy 2 ... from automatically duplicated layers. Pro tip: If you don't want Sketch to automatically add this to your layer names, uncheck "Rename duplicated layers" from Sketch's 'Layers' tab in Preferences.
Join the discussion
No Sketchpacks Relay integration found
- 367 downloads all–time
- 0 downloads this week
- 3 downloads this month
About this plugin
hrescak published this plugin 5y ago.
v1.2.0 is the latest version.
Native updates are supported within Sketch.app.